Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011 Hits Libertyville!

From what I understand, it's starting to snow in Libertyville. As I write this blog entry, I'm sitting in San Jose, California. I know you all feel sorry for me - braving the chilly 65 degree weather. (Please don't hate me - I really can't wait to get back to Libertyville!)


Yesterday for lunch, I had a chance to try a burger and Oatmeal Stout at the Los Gatos Brewing Company - it was good, but it also really made me homesick for Mickey Finn's. I don''t think I've been anywhere for a burger and beer that even compares to how good the food and beer is at Finn's. I've also been eating a lot of Mexican food out here.... Again, it's all been "good" - but I have yet to find fajitas that are better than Austin's! I guess you can say this trip has made me miss the outstanding world-class dinning we have in right in town.

The Village Braces for Snow

UPDATE - WEATHER ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE VILLAGE - CLICK HERE - UPDATE

From what I'm reading online - schools, Cook Library and just about everywhere else is closing early today and will remain closed tomorrow. I found a couple of good article I thought I'd share:

Amy Alderman at the TribLocal - http://triblocal.com

Chi-an Chang at Patch.com - http://libertyville.patch.com

The Daily Herald has a good list of who to call if you have utility problems during a snowstorm - http://dailyherald.com

The official Village of Libertyville website has a great rundown of many events (such as garbage collection) that are delayed or cancelled - www.libertyville.com

Have fun and enjoy the snow! If you take any cool pictures of the snowstorm that you'd like to share - e-mail me @ jimmoran77 (at) gmail.com - I'd love to post them here later in the week!

No comments: